One of my most popular posts is for Caramel Pretzel Magic Bars & I know why. Who doesn't love that salty/sweet combination? I always have my balance of salty & sweet with any meal. I even sneak a salty chip after a sweet breakfast, or a piece of chocolate after a savory lunch or dinner just so I have that equality of flavors in my mouth. But there is just something about putting the sweet & salty two together that makes everyone go crazy. These cookies are right up there in the salty/sweet category. I love the CHUNKS of pretzels, caramel bits, & chocolate chips. These are no wimpy cookies. They're thick, chunky, sweet, & salty! Now, get to baking...
Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup stick pretzels, broken into thirds
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer, cream butter with sugars. Add vanilla & egg. Incorporate & scrape bowl.
- Combine salt, baking soda, & flour. Gradually add to wet mixture. Mix until combined.
- Fold in broken pretzels, caramel bits, & chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Spoon onto a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350*F for 11-12 minutes.